Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thin Them Out by Kim Paffenroth, R.J. Sevin, & Julia Sevin

I've been a Kim Paffenroth fan for a few years now, so when I saw the Thin Them Out, a novellete written with R.J. & Julia Sevin available for $.99 on Kindle, I snapped it up.

The story follows a group of zombie apocalypse survivors as things go from bad to worse intercut with scenes from a zombie's POV--and the zombie is starting to remember pieces of its life. The survivors must make unpleasant choices about who should live and who should die given their predicament and limited food supply. At one point I wanted to slap some sense into one of the characters, but they all acted within their constraints, displaying very real human weaknesses.

I don't know what is scarier: fearing your fellow humans when faced with limited resources or thinking from a zombie's perspective on what it must be to realize you've become a monster.

The ebook edition contains an extra story by R.J. Sevin. It's a brief read, but well worth the buck.

Buy Thin Them Out for Kindle.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read! I'm on a big zombie kick lately (well, at least my tbr shelf is on a big zombie kick...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your point on not knowing what is scarier...your fellow humans or the threat that started all the trouble in the first place. I'm reading a Brian Keene book that reminds me of this dilemma too.

    ReplyDelete